Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
Our mission is to be impactful by using the right design, engineering, and technologies. We're a software company that focuses on data centers, systems and cloud infrastructure. Our professional services provide high-end engineering capabilities to deliver mission-oriented successes for our customers.
Systems of Any Scale
We design next generation IT systems that can handle up to millions of users and billions of connections. Our systems have transformed how organizations use their IT to become more agile, more collaborative, and better at meeting their missions.
Data Centers, Cloud and Automation
We design and run data centers and clouds, using virtualization, containerization, compute, storage and high-speed networking. We take our knowledge of software and systems, and apply that to high impact systems-automation (DevOps).
We help secure data centers, clouds and systems. We have expertise in designing and building secure systems in a wide range of environments, system types, and private and public networks.
This position is in support of the Department of State (DOS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration.
The candidate will be responsible for the engineering design and support of the Active Directory environment. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, DNS, SCOM\SCCM, group policy and a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active Directory including diagnosing complex replication, group policy, and multi domain issues. Additionally, the candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Years of Experience and Education Requirements:
- Participate with the engineering group to implement and support a new directory related services that are part of the DOS continuing modernization efforts.
- Understand the strategic perspective for all projects within the engineering group (and in related areas) to be able to advise the government on how projects impact each other and identify potential conflicts ahead of time
- Lead and Participate in Technical Meetings.
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system or architecture problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
- Create test plans, technical specifications, and white papers as required
- Follow Microsoft trends and understand new technologies as released
- Communicate regularly to project leads regarding project activities and status.
Bachelor’s degree with 18+ year’s recent system engineering experience. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency authoring PowerShell scripts for task automation.
- A Strong understanding of DNS Management
- Strong understanding and practical experience using of Group Policy for server management
- Foundational to advance proficiency with SCOM and SCCM
- Additional Microsoft certifications (to include Microsoft Cloud (Azure and/or O365), MCSE specializations such as Data Management, Core Infrastructure, Mobility)
- Familiarity with DOS processes.
- Networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
: Active Top Secret
: Washington, D.C.
Normal Business Hours
Type of Travel: