Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
Elluminates Software has an immediate opportunity for an Infrastructure as Code Engineer located in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. TheInfrastructure as Code Engineer duties will entail the development and maintenance of code which supports both Infrastructure as Code (IaC) as well as any cloud native custom applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Infrastructure as Code Engineer must have experience in providing leadership and mentorship to small and high performing technical teams working in the development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments.
Key opening concepts: AWS, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD, Terraform, scripting such as Python/PowerShell (moving away from Cloud Formation), 50% remote work and 50% in Red Cross Building NW (pre-COVID), work in both commercial and GovCloud AWS.
- Must have extensive experience with the execution of a CI/CD
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have extensive experience analyzing requirements; designing and debugging code.
- Must have extensive experience in taking client requirements and developing it into a fully functional product.
- Must have good communications skills
- Must have extensive software of technologies like Terraform, Cloud Formation and similar.
- Intimate knowledge of Terraform, Cloud Formation and AWS and CI/CD
- Knowledge of JSON, YAML and XML
- Knowledge of system Administration of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Should have an understanding of Virtual Networking principles such as DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, Public and Private Subnets and VPN
- Worked with AW services such as Route 53, CloudFront and Virtual Private Cloud
- Knowledge of data storage options available and when to apply them (i.e. bucket storage using S3 to Relational Database Services (RDS) to full fledge Hadoop clusters.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security foundations (i.e. securing AWS accounts, to data, to managing identity and access management (IAM) services as well as using security groups and access control list to secure networks)
- Knowledge of basic Amazon services such as SQS, SNS and RDS
- Working experience or knowledge of virtualization or services like virtual machines, EC2, Lambda and Serverless Computing
- Working knowledge of Web Services and Api
- Knowledge of using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to implement IaaS, PaaS, SaaS using CI/CD process
Minimum BS in Computer Science or related degree
Minimum: AWS Certified Developer -Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Professional
Desired Skills (Not essential)
Knowledge of and or worked in the following additional Cloud environments:
Knowledge of and or worked with the following tools:
Location: 50% remote and 50% On Site Washington, D.C. / (100% remote during COVID19)
Shift: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: Local