Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
This is an opening for an ITI/ISP Network Engineer to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM/Domestic Technical Services (DTS) provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for servers, networks, encryption devices, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a position within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program’s which supports IRM/FO/ITI/SI/ Domestic Technical Services (DTS) branch, acting as an ITI/ISP Network Engineer. This position is for normal duty hours on the LAN/WAN Installations and Special Projects team supporting the DTS branch of DoS. The position directly supports DoS on-site to monitor the LAN/WAN network and assist in design, installation, troubleshooting and resolution. Supports Unclassified and Classified networks, Secure Voice and Video networks. Individual will be responsible for providing Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) support, to include the following: new infrastructure networks, System equipment installation, maintenance and monitoring, performing in-service and out-of-service testing, documenting test results, performing fault isolation, troubleshooting circuit problems, re-keying cryptographic devices, reconfiguring equipment, tracking maintenance on equipment, reporting outages to the distant end users, fabricating fiber and copper cables (as needed), maintaining and testing equipment spares and supplies.
Description of Duties:
- Directly responsible for the transition of installed networks to other supporting agencies and provides training to continued support of the LAN/WAN networks.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Monitors network infrastructure and performs troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Responsible for Tier III support
- Assist with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Document activities in Remedy helpdesk and incident management system, as part of day-to-day operations and to support SLAs, reporting metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Perform IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensure SLAs are met and identify trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain SLAs.
- Perform rack-mounting and de-installing communications equipment and associated cabling.
- Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
- Provides technical expertise and research with upgrading hardware and software solutions.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP servers
- Monitors and coordinates the scheduled upgrades whether it be equipment or IOS.
- Point of contact for all new circuits terminated in Department of State to include annexes
- Procuring network equipment for planned and unplanned networks
- Manage contractors involved with network installations
- Implements network security measures by protecting data, software and hardware
- Analyzing existing VoIP networks and computer networking infrastructure
- Developing architecture plans for voice and data services.
- Installing network hardware modules including IP and PBX communication servers
- Designing and implementing Cisco Unity systems.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent training in an IT specialty.
- CCNA certification.
- 6+ years of experience with voice, data and LAN/WAN communications systems.
- Operator/maintenance training or experience on various crypto equipment such as KG-84 series, KG-75, KG-175D, and TACLANE.
- Experience in the tech control environment.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Basic electronics or computer repair skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Network+ or comparable certification.
- Experience repairing and terminating fiber optic cables.
- AutoCAD or Visio experience.
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) experience.
- Technical training in computer science or related field.
- Radio/satellite background.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
Clearance: Top Secret
Location: On Site Washington, D.C. / (100% remote during COVID19)
Shift: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: Local