Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
Elluminates Software currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer on the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
The candidate will be responsible for the configuration, operations and maintenance of a systems integration lab. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Description of Duties:
- Work with customers to determine their functional needs.
- Translating customer needs into hardware/software requirements for existing or new hardware/software applications.
- Deploy lab IT systems.
- Act as the technical team lead for integration projects.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of the customer’s needs.
- Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as needed.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years recent related Microsoft systems integration and design experience. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Server virtualization and domain experience.
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Knowledge of Department of State processes and procedures considered a significant plus.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Strong scripting skills.
- MCSE certification.
Location: Springfield, VA / (2 days onsite, 3 days telework, during Covid-19)
Shift: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: Local