Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
Elluminates Software currently has an opening for a Senior Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Engineer. The Senior IaaS Engineer position is a co-designer and hands on implementer, and is responsible for helping to further develop a VMware-based Openstack (VIO) architecture and deployment. In addition to VMware Integrated OpenStack, VMware NSX is also a critical component of the On-Prem Cloud.
Description of Duties:
- Engineering and maintenance of VMware Integrated OpenStack
- VMware NSX Virtual Network Engineering
- On Prem Cloud patching
- Research and Development of On Prem, and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Research and Development of Container and Platform as a Service technologies
- Hardware configuration for On Prem Cloud, such as vSAN and/or NetApp solutions
- Vendor Management
- Work closely with Technology management, senior Engineers, and support teams on a regular basis to implement and manage the design, development, and execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed current and future needs of the organization.
- Responsibilities may include infrastructure review, implementation, and design, creation of support and architectural documentation, standards, policies, analysis, and testing.
- Regularly and independently interact with Elluminates and other management to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements.
- Coordinate vendor interactions and/or vendor resources as needed.
- Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards and procedures.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Higher education and/or work experience in systems design, management and/or architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4-6 years’ professional experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications
- VMware ESXi 6.7+
- VMware vCenter
- VMware Distributed Switch
- VMware NSX
- VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO)
- Ability to translate complex business and functional requirements into structured high quality implementations using any variety of industry standard approaches
- Advanced technical skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and advanced expertise in industry and/or vendor technologies
- Able to solicit, gather, document, and analyze system specification and requirements
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Understanding of how supported technologies interact with other systems and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Logical thinker
- Strong knowledge of server/client and virtual technologies
- Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment
: Secret with ability to get TS
: Springfield, VA / (2 days onsite, 3 days telework, during Covid-19)
: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: