Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
Elluminates Software currently has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Cloud Architect located in Washington D.C. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. The Senior Cloud Architect duties will entail Cloud Evangelism as well as researching, designing and engineering integration solutions for the client.
Description of Duties:
The Cloud Architecture must have experience in providing leadership and mentorship to small and high performing technical teams working in the development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments.
- Must have significant in-depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud-based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to the cloud.
- Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Must have extensive experience analyzing requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance concerns.
- Must have extensive experience in taking client requirements and developing it into an architecture vision.
- Must have experience in high volume and high availability cloud based network interconnectivity like VPC, VPN and VPC Peering
- Must have experience in creating and conveying to the client and team members solutions based on cloud offerings and services.
- Must take ownership for system solutions including but not limited to: AWS platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions.
- Must have experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices such as Agile
- Must have extensive software and Hardware development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms.
- Deep Dive Experience with compute, storage, Database, Developer Tool, security, identity compliance, Management & Governance, network & Content Delivery, Analytic and application Integration
- Intimate knowledge / Development in one or more programing languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, PHP, .Net, Node.js, Go and Ruby)
- Knowledge of JSON, YAML and XML
- Intimate knowledge of system Administration of Windows and Linux servers
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtual Networking principles such as DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, Public and Private Subnets and VPN
- Worked with AW services such as Route 53, CloudFront and Virtual Private Cloud
- Knowledge of data storage options available and when to apply them (i.e. bucket storage using S3 to Relational Database Services (RDS) to full fledge Hadoop clusters.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security foundations (i.e. securing AWS accounts, to data, to managing identity and access management (IAM) services as well as using security groups and access control list to secure networks)
- Intimate knowledge of both front and back end technologies provided by the cloud vendor (i.e. Amazon)
- Knowledge of basic Amazon services such as SQS, SNS and RDS
- Working experience or knowledge of virtualization or services like virtual machines, EC2, Lambda and Serverless Computing
- Working knowledge of Web Services and Api
- Working knowledge of Containers such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to implement IaaS, PaaS, SaaS using CI/CD process
- Knowledge of and or worked in the following additional Cloud environments:
- Google’s GCP
- Microsoft’s Azure
- Knowledge of and or worked with the following tools:
: Secret with ability to get TS
: Washington, D.C.
: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: