Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
Our mission is to be impactful by using the right design, engineering, and technologies. We're a software company that focuses on data centers, systems and cloud infrastructure. Our professional services provide high-end engineering capabilities to deliver mission-oriented successes for our customers.
Systems of Any Scale
We design next generation IT systems that can handle up to millions of users and billions of connections. Our systems have transformed how organizations use their IT to become more agile, more collaborative, and better at meeting their missions.
Data Centers, Cloud and Automation
We design and run data centers and clouds, using virtualization, containerization, compute, storage and high-speed networking. We take our knowledge of software and systems, and apply that to high impact systems-automation (DevOps).
We help secure data centers, clouds and systems. We have expertise in designing and building secure systems in a wide range of environments, system types, and private and public networks.
Elluminates Software Corporation currently has an opening for a VMWare Engineer with experience operating VMware infrastructure architecture to support operating and maintaining large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for data center services, desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Years of Experience and Education Requirements:
- Utilizing VMWare products:
- Provide operational engineering support to enterprise-level solutions using virtual server hosting, backup solutions, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions.
- Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple data centers.
- Provision Virtual Machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
- Maintain server/blade hardware including failed component replacement.
- Maintain and restore VM "backups" and Snapshots
- Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after-hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns
- Maintain Configuration DB with all Virtual Infrastructure components
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed
- Complete Service Request tickets for VMWare technical issues
- The VMWare Engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for Data Center initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or related field or 10 years of progressive, related experience.
- Knowledge with VMware and ESX 5.5+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance
- Strong scripting skills.
- Knowledge or Training on blade compute platforms from CISCO or HP
- Knowledge or Training on Backup software (i.e. Avamar)
- Knowledge or Training on Storage clusters, Fiber Channel and NFS protocol.
- Large scale Microsoft Active Directory deployment and maintenance. LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Data migration experience
- VMware Certified professional 5.5 or higher
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate
- Networking certifications at CISCO professional level
- MCSE Certification
- Ansible or PowerShell experience
: Active Top Secret
: Springfield, VA
Normal Business Hours with rotational on-call duties
Type of Travel: