Elluminates Software believes that Software Drives IT™.
We are experts in Cloud Engineering. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach bridging enterprise architecture, software engineering, administration, commercial Cloud offerings and governance for Cloud design and build efforts.
Data Centers are more complex and require more expertise today than ever before. We bring nearly two decades of Data Center IT infrastructure design and build expertise.
Processes often repeat and take up valuable time that can be automated. We have successfully automated critical business processes and transformed organizations to be more efficient.
Security Engineering focuses on using IT security layers, identity, logging and monitoring to protect critical systems. We have built from the ground up as well as optimized existing security postures of IT systems across large enterprises.
This is a network engineering position within the Vanguard LAN/WAN Services (LWS) Division supporting the Department of State. The qualified candidate will possess and apply intermediary knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the DoS customer to build, design, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
- Develop and deploy wireless LAN engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
- Implementation of configuration changes.
- Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
- Service Requests: monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
- Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking – switching and routing
- Experience navigating within the command line interface
- Experience implementing medium to large network solutions
- Strong understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
- Experience with Cisco network platforms: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers and wireless access points.
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline or relevant experience
- 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Experience working directly with Government customer
- Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US “TOP SECRET” security clearance, Secret clearance with upgrade to Top Secret is acceptable.
- Experience with network management tools (Cisco Prime/ISE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – CCNA
- Experience with Cisco Next-Generation Firewalls
Clearance: Top Secret (Minimum SECRET to start and eligible for TS)
Location: Springfield, VA
Shift: Normal Business Core Hours
Type of Travel: Local, may include some travel